Saturday, April 18, 2015

Week of April 20-24, 2015

STAAR is here and we are ready!!!

We have been preparing ALL year for these upcoming tests, and I know you're going to do great! I am so proud of how far each of you have come.

Remember to arrive on time on test taking days, and eat a good breakfast. You will have 4 hours to take the exam. The schedule is as follows:

Monday: 8th grade Math
Tuesday: 6&7 grade Math
Wednesday: 7th grade Reading
Thursday: Field Day
Friday: Autism Walk

On Monday we will be following a different schedule so show up to the 7000s building. I will not be using my room Monday because 8th grade will be testing in that hallway.

This entire past week has been review and I ask that you look over your packet and bring it with you on Monday. We will review any questions that you may still have.

YOU CAN, YOU MUST, YOU WILL. SOAR!

Below are some photos of my students playing a review game in groups that involved a lot of critical thinking and a basketball hoop! The students enjoyed the game and were very competitive. They were asking for "just one more question" before the bell, and of course that made me very happy. If you know middle school kids, then you know that doesn't happen very often. :)





No comments:

Post a Comment